Eaton has an opening for a Senior Field
Service Engineer located in North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia,
This position will act
as primary customer contact by providing direct customer field service support
including troubleshooting, repair, failure analysis, and replacement of all
Eaton products as used in customer applications.
- Field service on all Eaton hydraulic products and systems
including application analysis, troubleshooting, repair, and failure analysis
and product replacement.
- Provide support for divisional and plant warranty departments in
evaluating and processing returned customer product. Specifically onsite
product evaluation and recommendations on warranty based on product
application. Typically at customer site. May include Warranty
Service Center audits.
- Similarly, provide field support services for customers in post or
non-warranty situations on a customer purchase order.
- Provide feedback on product quality and concerns to Engineering,
QC, Sales, Field Service, Technical Support and Marketing based on key warranty
- Provide input into warranty and product quality metrics.
- Coordinate field campaigns with customers and distributors as
required by the warranty function. This includes completing replacement
of product as well as arranging and supervising outside service that may assist
in these tasks.
- Conduct reviews of product for warranty determination at customer
- Provide customers with product training on all Eaton products,
with awareness and understanding of customer equipment.
- Provide product operation and application information for use by
the Technical Support function for all Eaton products.
- Act as back up for Technical support function when not at customer
- Make recommendations to customers and facilitate sales of new
Eaton service and/or replacement products.
- Establish and manage a cross-functional team to resolve complex
field service issues.
- Manage large, complex field programs such as retrofits and
start-ups, coordinating activities of all resources involved while managing and
meeting customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute and minimum of 3
years’ experience with sales or service of Hydraulic Systems or 2-year
Technical Degree in Fluid Power with a minimum of 5 years of experience with
sales or service of Hydraulic Systems.
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited
- Complete understanding of Eaton product and general hydraulics and
- Business processes
- Familiarity and working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and
Access software programs. Ability to view AutoCAD schematics.
- Phone skills and customer communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Team management skills
- Portable data acquisition equipment setup & operation and
ability to use to analyze complex hydraulic systems
- Customer equipment familiarity & understanding.
- Mechanical aptitude.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.