Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
This role ensures that within an organizational department, it has the correct level of Technical Service experience to ensure all customers are supported.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the organizational department has the Technical Service Capability to support its engineering and service commitments to an Advanced level of complexity..
This role will supervise other sub - roles where necessary to give advise and support of a Technical nature when required.
This role will report to the Services Manager of the organizational department and advise on any Technical Service or Support Matter.
This role will manage a number of Customer Key Accounts.
This role will carryout service or support work in line with standard procedures or practices and will regularly work outside these boundaries as required.
1. Provide pre-sales and/or post-sales technical support to customers including commissioning, installing, testing, and maintaining products, equipment, and systems.
2. Develop innovative solutions to more complex technical problems that arise during start-up. Research, evaluate, and recommend new products or equipment upgrades that will meet customer needs.
3. Monitor and resolve recurring more complex problems to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction.
4. Coach and mentor less experienced engineers, check the quality of their work, and help them diagnose and solve problems.
5. Produce leads for Service Support.
6. Troubleshoot, investigate, and resolve technical problems that arise during start-up.
7. Train customers on the features of the equipment they have purchased. Qualifications:
Minimum two year degree or technical certification in an electrical related program or equivalent 5 yrs. work experience as a shop and / or field electrical technician.
Exhibit knowledge of advanced Electrical Industry manufacturing standards.
Specific standards include sections of ANSI IEEE C37 applicable to the design and manufacture of breakers and switchgear. With specific knowledge of the following:
- ANSI IEEE device function numbers; ampacities of electrical conductors in switchgear applications; electrical air and surface clearance requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the design and manufacture of bus and structural modification projects.
- Skilled in the art of writing accurate and complete test reports, project summaries and has the ability to explain most of the anomalies found on a given project.
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic electrical theory and control circuits i.e.: Ohm's Law; Basic AC and DC theory; contactor and circuit breaker schematics.
Demonstrate knowledge of basic distribution protective relay testing, hi-pot testing, and breaker function testing. i.e.: testing of over-current and motor protection relays with current injection; acceptance testing of dielectric apparatus using over voltage testing; primary current injection of circuit breakers; mechanical and electrical functional testing of circuit breakers; HV substation, generation testing.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.