Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
- Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
- Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
- Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
Unilever has been named in LinkedIn’s Top 3 most sought-after employers across all sectors.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com. For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
This position is part of the North America Controllers Team and responsible for insurance and risk management areas and provide decision support and financial insight of insurable operational and hazard risks to Unilever’s operating units in North America including the U.S & Canada.
The SFA will be business partnering on a daily basis with, among others; Unilever’s Corporate Insurance and Risk Control group based in the Netherlands, external service providers/ insurance brokers, internal key stakeholders (legal, U.S. supply chain, and finance management) to ensure delivery of Unilever’s Insurance and Risk Control programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary resource for North America to manage all its insurance programs.
- Manage and coordinate alignment of Unilever insurance programs across NA units and bring newly acquired units onto the Unilever insurance platform
- Act as an internal insurance expert to enhance awareness of Unilever insurance and risk management programs
- Develop and maintain the external relationships with third party claims service provider, insurers, brokers, actuaries and insurance consultants.
- Preparation of the annual budget for cost of insured risks and its allocation to various business units across the region.
- Completion of the annual Global Insurance collection for US & Canada and ensuring all subsequent questions are resolved so that adequate coverage is retained. Update and monitoring of compliance with Unilever global insurance policies.
- Compiling and preparing of underwriting information for both U.S. and Canada through partnering with external service providers (IBM and Accenture) internal supply chain finance organization and work with Unilever’s global insurance broker on all insurance matters
- Coordinating workers compensation payroll audits. Manage and maintain the workers compensation claims data in the global Risk Management Information system and ensure data integrity.
- Reporting, accounting and analysis and the delivery of claim information, which influences risk management behavior through performance metrics and benchmarking.
- Perform analysis of reserves maintained with the assistance of external actuary and legal department to insure appropriate funds are accounted for past and future claims payments.
- Performing financial/capital analysis, managing the Letters of Credit facility, identification of risk and opportunities which exist on the insurance area of the balance sheet.
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Risk Management; MBA or CPA a plus
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a corporate Risk Management & Insurance department, Brokerage or a combination of relevant industries.
- Good understanding of the major lines of insurance including but not limited to Property, Liability, Management Liability, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Outlook, SharePoint etc.)
- Proficiency in SAP preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously with initiative, and work well in a collaborative and team environment
- Strong multi-tasking skills with a comfort in maintaining multiple, often conflicting, priorities, and deadlines
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .