Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager, Acquisition & Divestiture Operations to be located at any NJ based J&J site including Raritan, New Brunswick, Piscataway, Somerville, Morris Plains, Skillman, Titusville or Bridegwater.
J&J is a globally respected acquirer of companies, technologies and assets. We also have a disciplined portfolio management strategy which results in a number of divestitures each year. Acquisition and Divestiture targets and strategies are developed within our Business groups. The Business Development team is supported through Acquisition & Divestiture Operations (A&D) with regard to Integrations and Divestitures to ensure overall Enterprise effectiveness and efficiency. The Finance Operations team has a competency in managing Divestitures from identification to full separation from the business, including preparing for value, financial audits, diligence, separation planning, and Transition Services Agreement (TSA) development and implementation.
This Senior Finance Manager, Acquisition & Divestiture Operations provides an opportunity to contribute to and lead projects in financial deal evaluation, through audits, diligence, and separation and integration planning. He/she will lead / guide a team that will compile financial documents data for the auditors to review, challenge allocations, suggest alternatives more aligned with the respective business, and prepare and analyze diligence and data room schedules. He/she will also have an active role in framing financial information for external users as well as input to legal documents such as the financial tenants of the Asset Purchase Agreement, TSA, and Transition Manufacturing Agreement. It provides a great opportunity to gain project management experience by leading the divestiture of a business. Key experiences will be exposure to various aspects of the respective business and personnel within all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson (J & J), other corporate functions (Consolidations, Financial Systems, Treasury, Groups) and the opportunity to work with internal and external professionals and experts while evaluating strategic alternatives. This is a unique opportunity within J & J.
This Senior Finance Manager, Acquisition & Divestiture Operations will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely supporting Business Development activities specifically for Integrations and Divestitures across all segments on behalf of the Enterprise.
- Lead/guide the data gathering and compilation of externally reported carved-out financial documents used to support future divestitures of brands or businesses across all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson.
- Manage the timeline, process and activities. Coordinate collection of relevant data to support carved out financial documents and diligence for local MRC’s to enable compilation of financial documents.
- Build relationships across global J&J in order collect relevant business and financial information including, but not limited to Commercial, Supply Chain, Corporate Expenses, & IT.
- Collaborate with internal (Center of Excellence (COE’s) Business Development, Business Unit Finance) and external cross functional partners in order to evaluate the respective business to compile both audit based as well as deal based financial documents.
- Work with relevant J&J COE’s and business in order to determine proper allocation methodologies of expenses for carved out financial statements and stand-alone / stand up analyses.
- Work with affiliates to propose audit and diligence adjustments to the financials. Support the establishment of standardized processes and procedures for A&D.
- Recommend and prepare financial qualitative and quantitative diligence materials and analytics. Present financial diligence information to Team & Mgt for alignment and to bidders.
- Share Best practices with different groups as they consider and pursue Strategic evaluation and A&D activities.
- Provide finance support and leadership to deal with regard to financial value framing, separation planning for close, TSA/TMA design, and documentation and pricing.
- Support the building and testing of the consolidation tools for audits and diligence work.
- Lead future enhancements, next generations and potentially internal model build.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in finance or accounting
- Advanced degree strong preferred (MBA or Masters).
- A CPA, CMA or CFA are preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of finance/accounting experience is required.
- Strong influencing and collaboration skills required; this position partners with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise and outside parties.
- Excellent communication and framing skills
- Must have comprehensive understanding of GAAP and familiarity with SEC reporting is a plus.
- Experience with general ledger and Bravo or consolidated reporting preferred
- Previous deal experience in Acquisitions, divestitures, carve out audits, preparation of diligence / data room materials, or separation / integration required
- Competency in project planning and problem solving is required.
- Experience/some expertise in accounting, data simulation, modeling, cash flow forecasting, as well as strong finance analytical and technical skills are strongly preferred.
- Ability to partner with other finance leaders to understand different businesses (activity, customer, transaction and physical flows) as well as Center of Excellence Structure to gain knowledge of business flows and allocations required.
- Ability to act as project leader of a diverse group of both internal and external partners in an ambiguous environment in order to deliver carved out financial documents and diligence under tight timelines required.
- Strong ability to influence outcomes and drive best practices
- The role will be located at any NJ based J&J site including Raritan, New Brunswick, Piscataway, Somerville, Morris Plains, Skillman, Titusville or Bridgewater.
- This role will require up to 10-15% travel (domestic or international).
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater, North America-United States-New Jersey-Piscataway, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-New Jersey-Morris PlainsOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.