DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager, Business Development preferably located in West Chester, PA or located in Somerville, NJ with the flexibility to travel to West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior Finance Manager, Business Development will have ownership of financial modeling throughout the process for external innovation projects within the Medical Device franchises. He/she will also be responsible for the coordination with commercial, R&D, supply chain, tax and enterprise functional input to ensure stakeholder alignment. He/she will also prepare analyses for investment opportunities/new business initiatives, including financial assessment of licensing and acquisition arrangements, due diligence, and preparation of appropriation requests for J&J Corporate review and approval.
Additionally, he/she will also actively participate on cross-functional teams, drive assessment, preparation, and recommendations on business opportunities and develop business cases to determine their financial viability. He/she will also provide insights through financial and investment analysis that allows the business partners to drive superior decision-making and act as the Project Manager across the functions - Corporate liaison, Financial Reporting, integration, white space, etc. on specific financial requests. He/she will partner with Group Controlling & Franchise Finance to provide key input into the Strategic Planning process and have oversight and ownership for financial compliance of intangible assets, adhering to J&J WWP's for reporting. Additionally, he/she will also act as the single point of contact for the Business Development partners providing financial insight, analysis and transparency to drive business goals & objectives.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
• MBA, CPA or CMA preferred.
• Previous knowledge and understanding of business development process within Medical Devices, including business strategy, products and pipeline preferred.
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and WW Procedures required.
• A minimum of 8 years of financial experience required.
• Financial modeling skills used for business case development, specifically where demonstrating the ability to challenge business and market model assumptions is required.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated influencing skills and excellent verbal and written communications.
• Ability to think creatively and work in a team environment is required. However, the individual must also work well independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
• Proficiency in Excel financial modeling is required.
• The ability to use PowerPoint to develop and deliver presentations to senior management is required.
• Ability to act as the financial lead on project teams as well as the ability to facilitate processes is required
• Prior project management experiences preferred
• Experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or consumer products industries is preferred.
• Approximately 10% travel is required
• Position is located in West Chester, PA or located in Somerville, NJ with the flexibility to travel to West Chester, PA.
United States-Pennsylvania-West ChesterOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOrganization
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.