Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices, a member of Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager, Business Development to be located in Irvine, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is currently $20 billion in World Wide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products.
The Senior Finance Manager, Business Development will have ownership of financial modeling throughout the process for external innovation projects within the Medical Device franchises. He/she will also be responsible for the coordination with commercial, R&D, supply chain, tax and enterprise functional input to ensure stakeholder alignment. He/she will also prepare analyses for investment opportunities/new business initiatives, including financial assessment of licensing and acquisition arrangements, due diligence, and preparation of appropriation requests for J&J Corporate review and approval.
Additionally, he/she will also actively participate on cross-functional teams, drive assessment, preparation, and recommendations on business opportunities and develop business cases to determine their financial viability. He/she will also provide insights through financial and investment analysis that allows the business partners to drive superior decision-making and act as the Project Manager across the functions - Corporate liaison, Financial Reporting, integration, white space, etc. on specific financial requests. He/she will partner with Group Controlling & Franchise Finance to provide key input into the Strategic Planning process and have oversight and ownership for financial compliance of intangible assets, adhering to J&J WWP's for reporting. Additionally, he/she will also act as the single point of contact for the Business Development partners providing financial insight, analysis and transparency to drive business goals & objectives.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
- MBA, CPA or CMA preferred.
- Previous knowledge and understanding of business development process within Medical Devices, including business strategy, products and pipeline preferred.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and WW Procedures required.
- Minimum of 8 years of financial experience required.
- Financial modeling skills used for business case development, specifically where demonstrating the ability to challenge business and market model assumptions is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated influencing skills and excellent verbal and written communications.
- Ability to think creatively and work in a team environment is required. However, the individual must also work well independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in Excel financial modeling is required.
- The ability to use PowerPoint to develop and deliver presentations to senior management is required.
- Ability to act as the financial lead on project teams as well as the ability to facilitate processes is required.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or consumer products industries is preferred.
- Prior project management experiences preferred
- Up to 10% travel is required
- This position is located in Irvine, CA
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function