What you’ll be doing...
The FP&A Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Center of Excellence Team
Reshaping the future of FP&A at Verizon, calls for improving our ability to deliver exceptional value to our customers. Being a part of the Center of Excellence (COE) team you will work alongside financial professionals and business leaders, gaining opportunities to grow and develop to build a strong FP&A foundation. You will be involved in, target setting, reporting & analysis, planning and forecasting, and guiding the strategic direction across Verizon. Explore the breadth of opportunities that come with aligning your expertise with the future of superior networks, systems, analytics and video, to improve the way people live work and play.
- Provide the overall strategic direction of the Center of Excellence Reporting and Analysis function in the production and delivery of all standard and ad-hoc reporting updates, presentation materials; and profitability analysis.
- Accountable to make the final Center of Excellence decisions and recommendations to ensure quality, delivery and documentation of all the deliverables.
- Optimize the service delivery of standardized reporting and/or on a monthly/quarterly/yearly and ad-hoc basis.
- Provide detailed feedback, insight and recommendations to the business on its financial performance, focusing on key drivers including profitability models, trends, and analytical needs.
- Manage workload capacity and bandwidth of Center of Excellence; deploy resources to ensure the quality and timely delivery of services.
- Provide insights on promotional offers on return of customers, customer lifetime value, and volume lift and/or churn reduction to define and execute action plans Accountable for the profitability models and analysis of benchmarking on a monthly, quarterly, yearly, and ad-hoc basis.
- Partner with Business Process & System Improvement to integrate tools and technologies to produce the reports and analysis.
- Manage the employee life cycle processes (Recruiting, Performance, Development, Career and Compensation). resent and communicate to all levels of the business.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Management experience with projects and initiatives.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Even better if you have:
- A Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- Advanced knowledge and technical acumen for the analysis of business results.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Advanced understanding in the design of queries and reports.
- Experience with the design and implementation of financial systems and applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Verizon financial systems and applications.
- Strong communication, customer service, presentation skills with the proven ability to focus on the details.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis, and project management.
- Proficiency in the usage of OBIEE, Tableau, SQL, and/or similar tools.
- Knowledge in the usage Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.