McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Looking for a strong & self-motivated Finance Manager to support continued customer volume & complexity increases. In addition, this person will be involved in month end close, perform financial & trend analytics, troubleshoot and resolve issues in timely manner. Finally, this person will be assisting leadership with adhoc projects & analyses. Effective communication skills, capability to build relationships with business partners, ability to represent and articulate well on behalf of the team, strong organizational skills, and being a dynamic team player are key attributes for success in this position.
- Partner as key financial liaison & business partner with various teams within McKesson (including but not limited to Pricing, Accounting Controller, Procurement, IT teams, Sales, Sales Support, FP&A teams, customers, etc.).
- Ability to review, interpret, administer, & implement agreements for supply agreements.
- Perform month-end close responsibilities, including review & validation of calculation, preparation of journal entries, & account reconciliations.
- Perform variance & trend analysis for customer rebates.
- Coordinate research & resolution of financial and operational issues.
- Ensure compliance to SOX requirements for financial processes and controls. Maintain documentation of procedures and processes.
- Spearhead special projects, including process improvement, system enhancement, ad-hoc analysis, business initiatives.
- Work closely with leadership to manage adhoc projects & analyses
- Ability to represent & speak on behalf of team
3+ years of financial or accounting experience and demonstrated leadership skillsCritical Skills
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- 6+ years of finance and/or accounting experience preferred
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Advanced analytical skills
- Project planning, organizational, teamwork & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to present to senior executives
- Ability to meet or exceed the tight timelines delivered by customers
- Ability to adapt and prioritize to a fast pace and changing environment
- Advanced in MS Excel & Intermediate MS Access.
- Public accounting experience highly preferred
- Contract review, administration, & interpretation experience
- Experience with SQL, financial modeling & reporting desired
- Understanding of pharmaceutical industry
- SAP experience preferred
4-year degree in finance or related field or equivalent experiencePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.