Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 172,000 employees and generated sales of €48.4 billion in 2014. Over half (57%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) commits to:
- Decoupling growth from environmental impact.
- Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being.
- Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.
Unilever was ranked number one in its sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In the FTSE4Good Index, it achieved the highest environmental score of 5. It led the list of Global Corporate Sustainability Leaders in the 2014 GlobeScan/SustainAbility annual survey for the fourth year running, and in 2015 was ranked the most sustainable food and beverage company in Oxfam’s Behind the Brands Scorecard.
Unilever has been named in LinkedIn’s Top 3 most sought-after employers across all sectors.
For more information about Unilever and its brands, please visit www.unilever.com. For more information on the USLP: www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/ Job Summary:
The underlying philosophy in Unilever Finance is to help employees grow both personally and professionally. We invest in continuously developing finance capabilities so they may rise to the challenge in a diverse, changing and competitive market environment. We offer a wide portfolio of Finance roles across the business in Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Treasury, Internal Audit, Strategic Planning and Financial Reporting. Throughout an employee’s career, each experience allows him or her to continue to build and sharpen their financial and business judgment allowing them to become a better team player and a stronger leader. There are formal internally developed training programs, mentoring programs and on-boarding programs to help the employee quickly and easily start their career at Unilever. We run a highly diverse business based on international brands – a business which believes in developing excellent individuals, teams and leaders, all of whom have meaningful roles to play in delivering our shared vision. Unilever's scale and geographical reach provides an opportunity for international experience and exposure which can be gained through virtual team working, short term projects or expatriation.
The Senior Finance Analyst (SFA) will join one of the Finance areas aligned with our key business processes where they will play an integral role on cross-functional teams, to set our direction and optimize our business performance. By providing an integrated financial perspective on the impact of business decisions, the SFA make recommendations and influences decisions that maximize value for the business and will have a significant focus on process improvement and developing insights from trends.
The SFA serves as a full business partner to their team, bringing an understanding of Finance, value creation and business drivers. Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide financial analysis to cross-functional departments in the areas of operational efficiencies, forecasting, and trend projections.
- Analyze financial results and key trends, assess current and future business risks, and communicate results to leadership.
- Prepare, track, and report monthly actuals and variance analysis, and provide timely reporting and feedback to business leaders.
- Develop and maintain various financial reports for forecasting, trending, budgeting, and results variance analysis.
- Implement process improvement actions in assigned areas in line with development of procedures for required duties.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional business partners to develop annual financial plans and ongoing forecasts for departmental expenses and headcounts.
- Involvement with special projects related to business development, strategic growth and ad hoc analysis.
- Contribute to our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical, and efficient.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of two years of related financial planning and analysis experience with increasing responsibility and control
- Prior work experience in Brand, Supply Chain, Customer Development (Sales), Audit, Accounting, Financial Reporting, or Financial Planning is preferred
- An enterprising and inquisitive nature that can find solutions to complex problems
- Experience creating Excel models and implementing process improvement solutions
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills to clearly communicate results and implications of analysis in both verbal and written forms
- Experience communicating effectively with all levels leadership, and experience communicating with all levels of financial acumen
- Strong fundamental business technical skills (including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills) and software applications (e.g. SAP)
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.