A Penske Logistics Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for the company's financial forecasting, annual planning, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. The position provides financial consulting and support to operations personnel as well as senior management. The analysis includes preparing financial presentations, analyzing operating data and client P&Ls as well as other ad hoc reporting.
This is a hands on role that requires the analyst to work directly with the operations personnel by getting involved to understand and improve the business.
Qualifications: Qualifications :
- Perform required monthly financial close related activities including preparing required journal entries to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Analyze financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Update and monitor key performance indicators and key financial metrics, highlighting trends and analyzing variances, to understand and be able to communicate the financial health of each location
- Work with the operations team to develop annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and KPI reporting, including financial performance, variance explanations, and cost analysis
- Provide senior management and the operation s team with in-depth financial analysis of actual spend to drive insights on trends, investment areas and opportunities to optimize costs, driving better decision making
- Deliver ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements :
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-7 years experience in financial planning, analysis, or modeling
- Strong analytical skills required
- Logistics/Operations experience preferred
- Must be able to exercise moderate independent judgment with direction from supervisor
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required; Proficient in use of other MS Office products
- Detail oriented and highly analytical, able to translate data and trends into clearly understandable messaging
- Highly organized and self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic and ability to thrive as part of a financial management team
- Strong understanding of the importance of hands on collaboration with the Operations team and the personnel at the Area, Region and Corporate levels
- Quality program certification (Six Sigma, ISO, LEAN, etc.) preferred
- Some travel is required
- Complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to read, communicate verbally and/or in written form, remember and analyze certain information, and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 240,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.