The Cardiovascular Care and Specialty Solutions Group (CSS), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst to support the compliance function within the Medical Device SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404) COE (Center of Excellence). This role is located in Irvine, CA and will report to the Finance Compliance Lead. This position may involve up to 25% domestic and/or international travel.
The CSS Group consists of five diverse businesses including Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics and Reprocessing. The CSS Group is committed to delivering innovative products, solutions and programs to address unmet customer and patient needs around the world. Our customers and the patients they treat are our first priority and these values are reflected in Our Credo, which guides our daily decisions and actions. Our relentless commitment to Quality and the principles that define us in Our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones and continues to help us deliver significant growth year after year.
The Senior Financial Analyst will:
• Support SOX compliance by providing guidance and leadership to business process owners to create and maintain a strong internal control environment across several MRC’s/Legal Entities.
• Monitor compliance requirements, perform annual testing requirements, track testing and identify areas of remediation.
• Ensure robust documentation is used to support testing and monitor remediation activities.
• Manage relationships with business partners and Corporate Internal Audit and outside auditors to ensure that policies and procedures are aligned with latest Corporate SOX requirements.
• Prepare data/slides to review findings with Management and perform ongoing training around compliance for all levels of finance personnel.
• Interface with various levels of management to standardize key controls/ processes/ documentation, ensure corrective action plans fully remediate control gaps, and keep Management informed of risks and opportunities.
• Share best practices and recommend new and more efficient ways of meeting our SOX compliance requirements.
• Perform audit planning and coordinate CIA and PwC audits, support system implementations and approve system enhancements. Responsible for performing other duties, as needed.
• Responsible for performing the compliance requirements for the user access/ segregation of duties cycle.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably a major in Accounting or Finance.
• An MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
• A CPA, CMA, or other financial certification is preferred.
• Experience with SOX compliance is required.
• A minimum of three years in Finance, Accounting or related business experience is required.
• A strong understanding of internal controls, business process analysis and risk assessment is required.
• Experience in a financial audit position or a position having responsibility for the monitoring of internal control environments is highly preferred.
• Leadership rotation within different Finance functional areas is preferred.
• Excellent analytical (MS Excel), conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills is required.
• Up to 25% domestic and/or international travel is required.