Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
This team member will be responsible for preparing quarterly and annual investment reporting, primarily for mortgage loans, on a GAAP and Statutory basis for the 10-Q, 10-K, footnotes, MD&A, QFS, statutory financial statements and annual SSAP97 audited financial statements. This team member will also participate in special projects related to process improvements, process flow and system issues to prevent risk of inaccurate reporting.
- Prepare Statutory Blue Book mortgage loan schedules
- Maintain the quarterly and annual financial statement schedules
- Prepare GAAP and STAT based management reports
- Partner with operations, GAAP and Statutory reporting
- Provide information for Annual and Quarterly rating agency surveys
- Analyze proposed/current accounting pronouncements for potential implications on the financial statements and assist in implementation
- Prepare ad hoc reporting as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related fields highly desired
- Minimum of 3-5 years accounting/reporting experience highly desired
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of GAAP & STAT accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (macros, pivot tables and advanced formulas)
- Experience with financial reporting systems
- Mortgage and real estate experience preferred
- Completion of or progress towards CPA or MBA preferred
FMG - Reporting & Analytics
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.