Job Location: Cary NC
This individual will partner with the Vice President of the Unit Cost Improvement Office to translate unit cost business strategies into programs that drive operational change on a global, regional and local level. This individual will work closely with the Unit Cost Improvement Office and subject matter experts across the organization to understand their KPI’s, measurements and reporting requirements and create data visualizations for their customers to consume and identify areas for cost improvement within their specific function/organization.
- Works on basic to more complex financial analyses assignments or projects.
- Prepares financial reports by downloading information from single or multiple sources, compiles databases and formulates spreadsheets.
- Creates effective dashboards and data visualizations as well as presentation materials incorporating graphs, charts, tables and other illustrations
- Interfaces with key stakeholders within the MetLife Unit Cost Improvement Office as well as subject matter experts across the organization
- Conducts/ coordinates research and/or participates in special studies, models complex future short-term and long-term financial results, reconciles actual results against projections, and explains variances.
- May interpret financial trends.
- Work with business units across the organization to understand their key measurable data points and KPI’s
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
(5 -7 bullets)
- Minimum of 2 or more years’ experience in finance related-assignments in a public or private environment with at least 3 years in an investment finance, management consulting or financial reporting role
- BA/BS, preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Superior consulting, analytical, interpersonal, communications, time management and project management skills
- Strong communication skills, highly analytical and well organized
- Influential leadership skills and the ability to distil large amounts of data into clear concise
- Proficient with querying data from multiple tables using SQL syntax
- Demonstrated creative thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor
In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
Up to 10%
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”