Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
Performs a variety of financial studies to analyze and report interrelationships of financial information. Determines validity of data and provides supporting explanations of conclusions reached. The successful candidate will be an integral part of this team and will develop and provide actual to actual, actual to projection analytics and attribution of results. Candidate will work within a fast-paced team environment, interacting with multiple departments across the Enterprise. Critical to the unit’s operations, the incumbent will need to be analytical, detailed oriented, and have strong organizational skills.
- Participates in monthly and quarterly presentations of investment results in various areas on a consolidated and entity basis.
- Active participate in projects to improve work-flow efficiencies, including report creation and modification.
- Domestic and international analytics which require a general knowledge of financial markets.
- Assists in the development of process flows and control procedures to minimize risk of reporting incorrect investment results.
- Leading the effort of evaluating current processes to eliminate inefficiencies and enhance current procedures.
- Partner with operations, GAAP and STAT reporting.
- Prepare actual to actual analytics by entity and line of business. Process includes presentations to management in Tampa.
- Prepare actual to projection analytics by line of business. Process includes presentations to management and lines of business
- Prepare MD&A and QFS yield calculations and attributions for management and SEC reporting.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance highly desired, Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- CPA highly desired
- 4+ years of financial experience required
- Insurance or investment industry experience preferred.
- Experience with GAAP and/or STAT accounting principles required.
Investment Reporting Group — Investment Analytics & Reporting
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.