Johnson & Johnson Innovation is seeking a highly motivated Senior Financial Analyst for an exciting role supporting the J&J Innovation in Cambridge, MA. Position may involve up to 10% domestic and/or international travel.
J&J Innovation is division that aims to positively impact human health through innovation. We do this by helping entrepreneurs realize their dreams of creating healthcare solutions that improve peoples’ lives around the world. We catalyze, support, and invest in highly differentiated early-stage innovations that will turn into products that extend and improve lives everywhere.
J&J Innovation is comprised of the following functions: Innovation Centers, JJDC, and JLabs. The Innovation Centers are J&J offices located in regions of the world with high innovation activity – Menlo Park, Boston, London, and Shanghai. Located at the Innovation Centers are scientific scouts, transactions specialists, legal, project management, finance, and communications experts. JJDC is the venture arm of J&J established in 1973 with the capabilities to make equity investments in companies of strategic interest to J&J. JLabs is an incubator for external startups offering state-of-the-art facilities, turnkey laboratory and office space, shared capital equipment, operations management, business services, educational programming and networking opportunities-all with no strings attached to participating companies.
The Senior Financial Analyst will support the Innovation Center through support of early stage business development analytics and transactions to drive value creation. He/she will partner with R&D organizations across the J&J sectors, provide budget management and work across the JJI organization to deliver process improvements.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Support the IC portfolio and influence decisions through reporting of value creation metrics
• Develop financial valuations for IC projects, provide input and review deal contracts
• Collaborate with R&D finance on execution and communication of projects
• Manage the Boston IC operating budget including forecast updates and strategic plan
• Provide analytics of external and internal deal comparables
The candidate must have the ability to communicate effectively, provide clear direction and guidance to business partners and have strong analytic skills.
• BS in Accounting or Finance is required
• A minimum of 3 years of finance, accounting or related business experience is required.
• Moderate to high level of Excel skills Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (i.e. Pivot Tables, Formulas, VLOOKUP functions).
• Ability to communicate with and influence senior level leaders is required.
• CMA, CPA, MBA is preferred.
• Experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, consumer products and/or investment banking industry is preferred.
• Ability to work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
• The ability to effectively take on leadership roles in various functions is required.