Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
Responsible for GAAP and Statutory accounting and GAAP reporting related to MetLife, Inc.’s investments in derivatives and other complex financial instruments.
- Responsible for both GAAP and Statutory accounting for multiple derivative instruments types.
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly and annual GAAP reporting.
- The derivatives program is the primary tool for managing MetLife, Inc.’s exposure to risks in interest rates, foreign exchange rates, equity markets, and credit across its fixed income portfolio, mortgage loan portfolio, equity position in joint ventures and international subsidiaries, and various insurance liabilities such as GMXB products and its Global GIC program.
- MetLife, Inc.’s diverse and sophisticated use of derivatives includes the following instruments: interest rate swaps, interest rate caps, interest rate floors, foreign currency swaps, foreign currency forwards, financial forwards, financial futures, equity options, interest rate spreadlocks, credit default swaps, replication synthetic asset transactions, and income generation derivatives.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance is highly desired
- Completion or progress towards an MBA or CPA designation is preferred
- 2-3+ years of accounting experience in public or 4-6+ years of private accounting is required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in GAAP or Statutory accounting and reporting is preferred
- Insurance industry experience preferred
Derivative Accounting & Reporting
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.