BabyCenter is seeking a highly motivated Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) to lead, innovate, and execute a range of value-creating projects to drive superior business results. This position is located in San Francisco, California.
BabyCenter is the world's #1 pregnancy and parenting digital destination, reaching more than 45 million parents a month in every corner of the globe through 11 owned and operated properties in nine different languages. In the United States, 8 in 10 new and expectant moms online use BabyCenter each month. We reach 1 in 5 new and expecting moms online throughout the world.
BabyCenter LLC is a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. BabyCenter does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, political ideology, ancestry, the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disabilities, or other legally protected status.
The Senior Financial Analyst will have the opportunity to work with large amounts of information, synthesize trends and insights, and communicate findings to an executive audience. He/she will be able to collaborate with business partners to transform operational data into insights, create working models to foresee challenges, and influence others to take action. Baby Center is looking for someone with demonstrated analytical experience who can operate independently and proactively, contribute ideas and thought leadership, and successfully interact with executive management as well as others at various levels throughout the organization.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Finance Manager at our headquarters in San Francisco, California.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Perform monthly close processes: journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis
- Perform budget vs. actual analysis reviews with various levels of management
- Own budget preparation and budget vs. actual P&L files
- Own limited aspects of corporate submissions and J&J financial reporting
- Partner with cross-functional business counterparts to develop annual business plans and analyze year-to-date performance and historical trends
- Collaborate with responsible parties to develop action plans to close any identified gaps
- Make financial updates in accordance with the J&J financial calendar
- Handle inter-company transactions with affiliate companies
- Manage SOX control documentation and participate in SOX testing and audit activities as needed
Core responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Leading, innovating, and executing a range of value-creating projects to drive superior business results
- Ad hoc projects include: data analysis, insights generation, and communication of results
- Supporting ad reporting; including generation of client performance reports and data needed to populate invoicing
- Process improvements to support optimization of digital sales and media fulfillment
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- An undergraduate major in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- CPA or CMA, or other financial certifications is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in financial analysis accounting, reporting, and planning is required
- SAP experience is preferred
- Database or Salesforce experience is preferred
- Experience with SOX compliance is preferred
- A track record of successfully delivering analyses that drive tactical and strategic decision-making is required
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required; including the ability to create and use complex models is also required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously is required
- Highly organized, proactive, and passionate about the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with a broad range of responsibility is required
United States-California-San FranciscoOrganization
BabyCenter, LLC (6009)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.