The Business Analytics group at IBM Bluemix, part of Finance, is responsible for understanding the profitability of the business and products, identifying capacity needs, creating key information and dashboards for the business, and identifying/quantifying new opportunities.
This role will provide ongoing support for key topics such as (but not limited to) analysis and forecasting of revenue of a new product, with its associated demand, capacity requirements, define associated capital and operating expense to generate business cases in key projects, provide facts to drive value based decisions and support in finance reviews. Major focus in key areas:
Key aspects of the Senior Financial Analyst role:
- Business case preparation: creating estimates for revenues, costs and cash flows to support business decisions.
- Product profitability: developing synthesized scorecards from several sources of raw data to help in the day to day and strategic decisions.
- Capital requirements: forecasting capital demands and tracking of usage.
- Management reporting: creating and managing key internal reports and dashboards used by Senior Management to make day to day and strategic decisions.
- Analytics: tackling detailed analytics to develop supporting data and drive value based decisions.
- Work with large data sets, analyze the data to understand the underlying business implications, engage in discussions on what the data means, summarize findings with an actionable approach
- Capacity to work independently and lead others
- Ability to analyze key business drivers, then translate the findings into insights and actions, and their implications in the overall business
- Understand and work with key financial metrics for value quantification (ROI, IRR, breakeven)
- Analyze monthly reports and identify areas of opportunity
- Desire to work on topics that touch various functions within the company
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.