Great Games Start with Great People!
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision Blizzard is a global interactive entertainment software leader and the world's largest independent video game publisher.
Strong candidates will possess a progressive financial planning background, ideally with a FMCG or Entertainment industry company. You will be required to leverage your interpersonal skills as the role requires you to work closely with the Digital Commerce team as well as cross-functional business leaders across the Americas Retail and Franchise Business Units.
You will own Digital Full-Game Download forecasting, reporting, fiscal year and longer-range planning as well as helping drive key strategic decisions. The ideal candidate will be able to take a proactive approach to problem solving, have strong attention to detail and be able to work independently with a minimal amount of direction.
Key success factor in this role will be to provide sound financial guidance, spot commercial trends and opportunities, understand market dynamics and the interplay between the digital and retail channels, and be able to clearly communicate complex topics to the Finance team, functional leaders and Executives What Else You'll Bring to the Table
In addition to the qualifications and mindset summarized above, the ideal candidate will match the following criteria.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting or Operations; MBA is a plus
- 5 years of financial planning experience with strong financial modeling skills (high proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required); gaming industry and/or hi-tech knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication skills to interface with a diverse set of stakeholders in a global environment (including Finance team members and functional leaders); ability to summarize analyses and recommendations and present to leadership is a must. Proficiency with Microsoft Powerpoint is also required
- "Can-do" attitude with a desire to learn
- Organizational savvy to handle multiple business priorities simultaneously and prioritize and complete work with stringent deadlines
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Oracle Financials and Hyperion Planning knowledge is a desired
- Gaming enthusiast and/or gamer is advantageous
As the video games industry continues to shift, Activision has a need more than ever to make sure that the Retail and Digital Full Game download trends are aligned to deliver to market commercially successful games. Your responsibilities are:
Keys to Success
- Track and communicate Digital Sales Trends at a World-wide level on a weekly basis and understand drivers of variances to forecast expectations at the regional level
- Develop and track KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and assess reporting needs to enhance insight into the business and highlight areas of operational improvement, not limited to Digital Customer P&L's
- Analyze trends and market data to determine accurate Quarterly forecasting and weekly pacing of Full-Game downloads
- Work closely with the Corporate Accounting functions to ensure both GAAP and Non-GAAP policies are followed and all elements of the Digital P&L are correctly accounted for and to understand key differences between our daily reporting tools and monthly payments from our digital retail partners
- Provide other ad-hoc analysis support as needed
Pivotal to your success in this role is your ability to get in front of diverse stakeholders, present meaningful information and respond to questions in a timely manner. Far from just pulling data and developing financial models, you will leverage your inquisitive mind and keen attention to detail to distill key findings and propose insightful solutions that will help us achieve our short-term and long-term organizational objectives. Other facets of success are to:
- Showcase the power of personal engagement; you'll forge strong working relationships with people at all levels of the organization, adjusting your approach and style to different groups, and quickly develop an understanding of where your key resources lie.
- Consistently be on the lookout for process optimization opportunities; you will articulate your ideas clearly and persuasively demonstrate how your ideas can positively affect the company bottom line.
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.