Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
Perform a variety of financial studies to analyze and report interrelationships of financial information to support the strategy and projection process of U.S. Direct Business. Determines validity of data and provides supporting explanations of conclusions reached. Uses data to project future short- and long-term scenarios and anticipated results.
- Perform the accumulation, analysis, and system updates of data gathered for monthly P&L and Balance Sheet for Actual, Projection, and Plan for U.S. Direct Business by LOB and product on a GAAP and Statutory basis.
- Prepares short- and long-term financial projections, reconciles actual results against projections, and analyze/explain variances against Plan and Projection.
- Perform Monthly and Quarterly Financial Reporting (GAAP and STAT) for U.S. Direct Business
- Identify and recommend solutions to various data integrity and control problems, working with other areas of Institutional Finance.
- Detailed review, analysis and reporting of business metrics: Perform complex data analytics and provide analysis and recommendations based on findings as needed. Interpret trends. Scorecard actual results versus budget and forecast. Understand impact of one-time items versus those that impact run rate. Consults with business to determine expense infrastructure, data reporting, and analysis needs.
- Support the U.S. Direct Business in maximizing opportunities and profitability while minimizing risks.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is highly desired, Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- 5-8+ yrs. financial experience in a public or private company environment; insurance industry experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of financial reporting practices, principles and implications of short and long term actions/impact.
- Proficient in use of computerized financial systems and Microsoft applications.
- Exceptional analytical, communications, prioritization, and project management skills.
- Ability to produce results and carry out multiple initiatives independently, within tight time constraints.
CFO - Group Benefits CFO org_01551
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.