LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to support our Engineering organization. In this role, you will be directly involved in the coordination of the various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly outlooks). You will provide variance analysis of expenses, headcount and capital expenditures, clearly explaining the business reasons for variances and adjusting the outlook models to reflect operational adjustments. You will be responsible for managing headcount and other cost drivers while ensuring accuracy. This role reports to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis - Engineering and Global Customer Operations, and is based in Sunnyvale. Responsibilities
- Lead the annual and quarterly planning process
- Develop a bottom's up forecast for the Engineering team on a monthly basis
- Analyze budget/forecast variances to actual and review with Finance and Engineering management teams
- Meet with business leaders to provide financial insights and assist with long-term planning
- Monitor key performance and financial metrics relevant to the Engineering teams
- Provide ad hoc analysis for business support
- Develop operational models to drive efficiency gains
- Assist in the development and implementation of tools, systems and processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate forecasts
- BA/BS degree in finance or accounting
- 4+ years of financial analysis experience
- Experience working directly in an FP&A environment modeling headcount and expenses for an R&D function
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase and Oracle Financials
- Understanding of accounting theory and practice (e.g. basic revenue recognition rules, company capitalization policies and proper expense timing)
- Advanced Excel modeling skills and competency in Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, analytical, teamwork, organizational, interpersonal and systems skills
- Ability to develop and maintain financial models
- Ability to question the output of a financial model and consider options for improvement
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Team player with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.