Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst – Enterprise Spend Optimization to be based in New Brunswick or Titusville, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Senior Financial Analyst – Enterprise Spend Optimization will support the Finance related activities on the ESP 2.0 Spend Optimization Program to drive the development of the category level financial BVA report across the enterprise and will work across the sectors and global functions to better integrate ESP 2.0 Spend Optimization methodology into the financial review process (e.g. Quarterly Performance Review, Budgeting, Planning, and Target Setting processes). He/she will possess an in-depth understanding of Spend Optimization principles and processes to support development of education and training materials for Finance leadership across the sectors and global functions to better integrate and enable non-people SG&A cost management and sustainability. Additionally, he/she will enable Spend Optimization processes by:
• Possessing a detailed understanding of the Spend Optimization Program and developing expertise on Spend Optimization principles, processes, and policies
• Understanding the financial data and technology to enable the accelerated development and implementation of the category level BVA reports
• Ensuring timely generation and distribution of Spend Optimization Financial Reporting (i.e. category level BVA reports), including insightful and action-oriented commentary
• Capturing the value case across sectors and functions through financial reporting (i.e. category level BVA reports)
• Supporting development or analysis to recommend actions and initiatives to reduce spending and capture savings opportunities
• Collaborating with external consulting partners on Spend Optimization Program design
• Support the delivery of Spend Optimization Financial Reporting (e.g. Category Level BVA Reporting):
• Support delivery of Category Level Spend Optimization Financial Reporting across sectors and global functions
• Improve data accuracy/ quality and work across the FP&A teams to drive standardized general ledger account usage
• Collaborate with the Spend Optimization team to identify enhancements to Spend Optimization Financial Reporting based upon business partner feedback
• Support Change Management of the Category Level Financial Reports
• Support socialization and alignment of Spend Optimization financial reporting with key business stakeholders
• Support training to finance community on use and development of category level commentary
• Support integration of Spend Optimization into the financial review process:
• Partner with Finance Director – Enterprise Spend Optimization in developing a framework to integrate Spend Optimization into financial review process (e.g. Quarterly Performance Review, Budgeting, Planning, and Target Setting processes)
• Support Finance Director – Enterprise Spend Optimization in developing appropriate methodology to integrate Spend Optimization into the budgeting process (i.e. ZBB, Driver based or Historical).
• Support the development of training tools and templates to support adoption
• Capture and Track Value Case
• Support development of executive level reporting on achievement of value case across sectors and global functions
• Highlight issues / risks to deliver expected savings
• Supports continuous improvement activities
• Assists with training organization in Spend Optimization program and process
• Participates in and delivers training to increase knowledge & skill
• Ensure policies and procedures are followed
The duration of this assignment is 2 years.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
• A minimum of 3 years of finance or accounting experience is required.
• A CPA, CMA or MBA is preferred
• Comprehensive knowledge of finance and accounting processes is required
• Prior project management experience is preferred
• Experience with implementing and driving global processes and results is preferred
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (i.e. Pivot Tables, Formulas, VLOOKUP functions).
• Must possess the ability to partner with associates at all levels of the organization.
• Must have strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
• Experiences with ERP systems such as SAP or TM1 is preferred.
• This position is located in New Brunswick or Titusville, NJ
• This position may require up to 10% local travel.
• The duration of this assignment is 2 years. (Requirement)
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-TitusvilleOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Planning & Analysis
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.