The principle purpose of the Financial Analysis & Reporting team is to provide analyses and insights that help identify the drivers of financial performance and guide appropriate tactical activity. The Sr. Financial Analyst, FP&A will work in collaboration with the Group Finance Officer (GFO) team and the Bangalore Center of Expertise (COE) to deliver insightful, proactive and timely financial analysis and reporting for the US Home Improvement Business Unit. This high-profile role will collaborate across Finance and other functional teams to communicate the drivers of enterprise-wide financial performance and effectively influence future decisions on actions to meet financial objectives.
• Design, develop & deliver insightful on-going financial reports, dashboards and analyses for executive leadership
• Management of processes and reporting across FP&A in support of BOD meetings and Quarterly Earnings Calls
• Provide proactive and timely financial analysis that highlights risks and opportunities to drive better business decisions
• Provide in-depth analysis on financial performance and root cause variances to forecasts
• Develop and/or enhance existing financial models used to review financials and perform variance analyses
• Solve complex problems and share critical information to enable alignment across the organization
• Drive process improvement initiatives
To accomplish this, the Sr. Financial Analyst must have solid knowledge of finance and business analytics. This individual will collaborate with their Finance peers to ensure that insights from functional areas and business units (BUs) are understood and incorporated into work products. Additionally, this individual must be able to work effectively within a matrixed organization and demonstrate the ability to influence and interact with various levels of the organization.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
• 4+ years' experience in finance or analytical role
• Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally
• Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with business intelligence and reporting tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, TM1, Hyperion/Essbase, Business Objects, Cognos, Teradata)
• Prior FP&A experience desirable
• Master's degree in a related field (e.g. MBA, MS Finance)
• Exceptional analytic skills and a demonstrated ability to build financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Experience performing financial and ad hoc analyses using advanced Excel functionality and providing recommendations based on results to senior management
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with business analysis tools (e.g. APT, Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire, Crystal Ball)
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Relocation Assistance Provided
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.