Develops complex financial models to support decision making related to complex business issues including new product development analysis, product portfolio analysis, profitability of new opportunities, impacts of regulatory changes, capital analysis, revenue models and profit margin analysis. Emphasis on forecasting, analyzing current performance through the creation and monitoring of product metrics, and conducting prospective and ongoing economic analysis of products including marketing programs, product pricing, business initiatives and services.
Prepares and analyzes the monthly financial statements and reports to produce forecasts of business, industry and/or economic conditions for use in making sound business decisions. Analyzes and reports on the financial impact of current and proposed programs. Fulfills complex analysis needs.
Assists in driving change as needed to improve financials for the organization and/or to assist in the response to complex Request for Proposals questions where required. Builds analytical tools to gain efficiencies in financial modeling as required.
Provides guidance and feedback to other analysts on the team.Job Responsibilities
- Develops complex financial models to support management decision-making related to new product development, product portfolio analysis, profitability of new opportunities, capital investments, revenue models, profit margin analysis, and impact of regulatory changes. Defines financial requirements for new products and features. Analyzes and summarizes the division's financial statements, expenses, and records. Develops recommendations for management decision-making.
- Performs moderate to complex financial analysis including conducting research and identifying, designing and implementing applications and tools to fulfill reporting and analysis needs. Runs various scenarios through models and interprets financial impact. Measures financial results against budget and forecast.
- Assists in the development of the long-range financial plans and continuously analyzes operating financial results. Works closely with other departments within Walgreens to ensure that strategic initiatives are achieved.
- May assist in the development of the annual budget and analyzes actual and budgeted figures on an ongoing basis. Creates and maintains detailed budgeting templates.
- With minimal guidance from management, assesses analytical tools and various formats of data availability and researches and builds new programs that allow for various lines of data to be incorporated so financial modeling analysis of multiple program impact becomes more efficient and allows for more in depth analysis and review resulting in improved recommendations and solutions for the business. Where standard tools are insufficient utilizes statistical analysis software (SAS) to model and analyze data as requested.
- Reviews monthly financial operating results for each assigned business unit, identifying key trends, variances, and areas of improved performance. Works with other departments in Walgreens for account reconciliation.
- Provides information and assistance to management regarding expenditures, purchases and other costs of doing business.
- As requested, answers complex request for proposal (RFP) questions related to new business and client renewals for a variety of different programs. Responsible for ensuring data integrity and accuracy of information provided to RFP questions.
- Performs ad hoc analysis and forecasts for internal management team and external customers.
- Provides guidance and training to associate analysts and analysts on financial modeling, data extraction techniques, budgetary considerations, and recommends best practices on pulling and refining data. As needed provides explanation to team regarding intricate web of data and how assumptions on one program or project may impact other programs or projects that are not specifically in scope during an analysis.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 year of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics or High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics.
- Experience with financial analysis, financial modeling, profitability analysis and/or auditing techniques.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting aggressive deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Knowledge of the link between analysis and business impact.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.