Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst for the Johnson & Johnson Innovation Center to be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Innovation is J&J’s early stage innovation engine responsible for interfacing and transacting with the entrepreneurial healthcare ecosystem around the world. J&J Innovation’s primary role is to enable the identification and onboarding of new products and technologies across all sectors. J&J Innovation makes investments and transacts in the fields of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical and surgical devices, health care information technology, diagnostics and consumer products. Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, a component of J&J Innovation, is J&J’s Corporate Venture Capital subsidiary and makes equity investments in venture stage and publicly traded health care companies on behalf of Johnson & Johnson. The Johnson & Johnson Innovation teams, including the JJDC Investor group, are located at our Global IC’s in Boston MA, Menlo Park CA, Shanghai China and London, UK.
J&J Innovation is recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A & Venture Investments, to be located in New Brunswick, NJ. The role reports to a Manager level leader within the J&J Innovation organization.
The Senior Financial Analyst responsibilities and time will be split roughly 50% in support of FP&A aspects of J&J Innovation in total and 50% in specific support of the J&J Innovation – JJDC team in managing our portfolio of new and existing venture capital/equity investments. Specifically, core responsibilities will include:
- Lead key JJI FP&A processes for headcount, intercompany, and fixed assets. This includes coordination with various sites, consolidation of information for management reporting, and business partnering.
- Support JJI close activities including, but not limited to the following: accruals, cashbook/non-cashbook, booking journal entries (including JJI-JJDC’s financial entries and tax entries), and preparation of quarterly BSARs, etc.
- Support FP&A team on other close activities and submissions during peak periods. This may include assistance on financial package preparation, tax requests and completion of corporate templates.
- Lead JJI forecast updates including preparation of data collection templates, coordinating and consolidating templates with all sites, preparing and communicating review decks with JJI management, completing BRAVO submissions and other corporate submissions.
- Coordinate SOX testing across the group including annual certifications and maintain strong control environment across all activities and sites. Serve as the key liaison for audit inquiries.
- Support various ad hoc requests related to areas above as well as other reporting requests for total JJI.
- Manage the development, consolidation and analysis of equity portfolio risk assessment processes and financial forecasts.
- Support management of the JJI – JJDC publicly traded equity portfolio including monitoring of portfolio company earnings calls and making recommendations on managing relevant positions.
- Support management of our fund portfolio including quarterly reviews of fund reports and making recommendations on fair value adjustments.
- Manage annual tax compliance processes for ex US companies.
- Support portfolio company exit/sale processes.
- Manage validation of portfolio company capitalization tables and maintenance of latest waterfall models in JJI – JJDC systems.
- Support ad-hoc new and follow on investment decision making & financial analysis processes.
- Unfailing integrity and a track record of Johnson & Johnson Credo based behavior is preferred.
- An entrepreneurial mindset is required.
- A deep level of interest in making a difference and playing a role in reinventing aspects of healthcare is required.
- A selfless individual, authenticity who is an exceptional collaborator as a member of a working team is required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressive career advancement in either Finance or a related function is required.
- Strong communication skills and some experience with interfacing with senior levels of leadership are required.
- Experience utilizing databases to extract data, and interpret trends is required.
- Skills in strategic thinking and comfort with ambiguity are required.
- Experience with basic financial modeling and an understanding of basic value creation concepts is required.
- The ability to travel domestically up 10% of the time is required.
- An MBA, CMA, or CPA is preferred.
- This role is located in New Brunswick, NJ.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
J&J Innovation LLC (6205)Job Function