At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for the Oral Care Solutions Division (OCSD) located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Senior Financial Analyst will be a valued cross functional team member and will be responsible for providing financial counsel to the business on new products, pricing, capital spend, operating and strategic plans, quarterly operating reviews, gross margin optimization and other required division financial support.
The OCSD Senior Financial Analyst position is a great opportunity for your financial career development as you will be the valued financial leader for the growth of our Indirect business unit (Prosthodontics and Digital Dental Materials). You also will be the financial leader for the US Subsidiary. You will be exposed to all levels of business management with the OCSD division that embraces, values, and develops the business knowledge of the Finance team. Get ready to continue to drive business success as a member of the Oral Care Business Finance Team.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Financial counsel to the organization leaders and teams (example: Business Director, Global Business Team leaders, Commercialization teams, and manufacturing)
- Work directly and support the U.S. business team and other 3M subsidiaries worldwide
- Finance representative on the global business team, providing monthly analysis of worldwide financial results and attainment of targets
- Provide analysis of operating department budgets and counsel
- Provide financial analysis of investment opportunities, new growth products, acquisitions and divestitures, pricing plans, etc.
- Develop, Drive and attain the assigned business units in the annual operating plan and quarterly estimates
- Articulate results of financial analysis, influencing business thinking, and negotiating outcomes to assure business results attainment
- Proactively develop analysis and work with business to drive change
- Engage/Partner with USAC in the U.S. P&L close each month
- Assure full compliance with U.S. GAAP and 3M financial standards
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in Accounting and/or Finance
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in financial statement preparation and/or execution of business queries
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience providing business counsel
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Finance, Accounting and/or Economics from an accredited university
- MBA, CPA and/or CMA certification
- Strong interpersonal/teamwork skills/abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & Longview
- Ability to Integrate External Data to Drive Business Decisions
- Project management experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of cross functional teaming experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of manufacturing financial counsel
- SAP experience
- Sound analytical skills,
- Solid communication skills
- Considers implications beyond own area across functions, businesses, countries
- Ability to find alternative paths to reach objectives
- Demonstrates ability to think \"outside the box\" and embrace change
- Proven problem solver and success implementing success change
May include up to 10% domestic travelRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.