The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Provide additional research and analysis for the monthly reporting, Business Plan, Commitment View Best View including recommendations for management reviews.
- Create draft of ad-hoc analysis generated for the business client.
- Finalize monthly analyses of business trends and budget variance of financial results and Key Performance Indicators to be used in management reviews and strategic business analysis sessions.
- Performs additional research to enhance business case analysis for pricing and investment decisions support to the business client.
- Incorporate financial data into capital models/templates to prepare guidelines and drive the capital planning process.
- Draft cash flow statements, identify issues/patterns and provide recommendations.
- Conduct initial strategic business analyses.
- Identify and communicate possible scenarios, associated risks and opportunities to include in the business performance reviews.
- Create the outline and/or update profitability/costing models.
- Analyze economic drivers of the business client (e.g. customer churn, renewals).
- Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Support Wireless Business Group (WBG) assigned customer verticals and associated sales directors as a trusted business partner.
- Keep strong focus on optimizing resource efficiency through the relentless pursuit of automation and streamlined processes.
- Preparing detailed presentations with concrete, forward looking action steps to increase lines in service, reduce churn, and increase revenue.
- Deep dives to the customer level as needed to identify root causes for overall vertical and WBG performance.
- Collaborate with WBG Sales Compensation (Management by Objectives) vertically assigned sales support team to ensure alignment of monthly KPI reviews and MBO trends.
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Understanding of corporate financial planning, reporting & analysis, and costing/profitability methodologies and processes.
- Knowledge of common business and cost drivers, financial statement analysis, and deep-dive analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- CPA or MBA a plus.
- Preferred knowledge of Verizon Wireless WBG Sales Organization and reporting on KPI’s to support the organizations initiatives.
- 2+ years Essbase, Hyperion and/or Smart View experience required and SQL Server, Terradata, Data Warehouse and Advanced Excel experience preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with ability to clearly articulate complex ideas. Includes strong presentation-building, PowerPoint skills with outstanding ability to build visual models and convey relevant meaning.
- Ability to work and develop strong internal relationships with all levels of management, including executive leadership and market operations teams; openness to collaboration and feedback; and demonstrated ability to build consensus.
- Must be highly responsive, proactive and deadline conscious. Leadership/supervisory experience a plus.
- Strong mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills combined with a strong financial background.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.