Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is hiring for a Senior Financial Analyst- R&D Consolidation. This position is located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offers an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs to help orthopaedic and neurological surgeons treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports-related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (MD) Sector accounts for $25 Billion in WW Sales and includes a broad range of products used in the Orthopaedic, Surgery, and Cardiovascular fields. The Research and Development teams of MD are organized to support the business through three franchises and several centers of excellence with locations in the US and around the world.
The Senior Financial Analyst for R&D Consolidations will be responsible for working closely with the business unit finance representatives to consolidate Product Development Spending, Capital and Headcount for Actual and forecast reporting for Global Orthopeadics. This role also consolidates and analyzes the platform portfolio analytics for both actuals and forecasts. In addition, this position will be responsible for business partnering with the Portfolio & Process teams to develop the annual business plan and forecast updates as well as budget versus actual reporting on a monthly basis. This role will also collaborate with the business unit finance representatives and the Tax team to provide the necessary data to calculate the R&D tax credit. This role also supports the VP of R&D in developing the annual business plan and forecast updates as well as budget versus actual reporting. In addition, this role will coordinate the fixed asset audit, the quarterly spend optimization analysis, the yearly platform spending by function analysis (RDMC), the Department of Commerce Survey and the admin apportionments & GUDID allocation. This position will also have the opportunity to participate in the system implementation of TM1 for Global Orthopaedics R&D.
This position will report directly to the Senior Finance Manager for Global Orthopaedics.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Financial leadership and collaboration with the business unit finance representatives to consolidate the annual business plan, quarterly latest estimates and quarterly actual reporting for Global Orthopaedics R&D for Product Development Spending, Headcount and Capital.
- Monthly and quarterly closing activities include preparation of journal entries and related balance sheet reconciliations.
- Review of monthly/quarterly actuals and variance analysis with Finance Senior Leadership & Portfolio and Process teams.
- Collaboration with business unit Financial, Planning & Analysis teams to ensure commentary and variance analysis is provided on a timely basis for quarterly reporting and Sox Scorecard compliance.
- Provide business partner support for VP of R&D and the Portfolio & Process teams.
- Collaboration with the tax team and the business unit finance representatives to provide necessary data to support the R&D tax credit.
- Consolidation and analysis of the platform portfolio analytics for actual and forecast reporting.
- Coordination of the fixed asset audit, the quarterly spend optimization analysis, the yearly platform spending by function analysis (RDMC), the Department of Commerce Survey and the admin apportionments & GUDID allocation.
- Participation in the system implementation of TM1 for Global Orthopaedics R&D.
- Also provides support for key compliance activities to ensure adherence to SOX, Worldwide Procedures and internal policies and procedures.
- In addition, this role is responsible for preparing ad-hoc analysis and participating in special projects.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably a major in Accounting or Finance.
- A MBA is preferred. A CPA, CMA, or other financial certifications are preferred.
- A minimum of three years of finance or Accounting experience is required.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or consumer products industries as well as public accounting is preferred.
- Candidate must possess excellent analytical (MS Excel), conceptual, communication and interpersonal skills. Experience with Hyperion, Essbase, SAP and/or a general ledger system is a plus.
- The ability to think creatively and work in a team environment is required.
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to effectively take on leadership roles in various functions is required.
- Previous knowledge with Medical Devices businesses preferred.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of US GAAP.
- This position is located in Raynham, MA.
- This role requires travel up to 10%
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.