Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
Senior Financial Analyst
TITLE: Senior Financial Analyst
LOCATION: Plano, TX
Capital One currently has multiple Financial Analysis opportunities available within our Home Loans Finance & Auto Finance lines of business.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will work for a company that invests in ways to tell stories, view trends, and diagnose results in a more compelling and visual nature. You will have the opportunity to partner with business customers on driving strategic business direction that leads to sustainable performance and you will be asked to challenge our current well-managed processes to be more proactive, effective and efficient. Senior Financial Analysts perform financial data analysis in preparing Profit & Loss or other statements and frequently build reports for higher level associates; provide management and business clients with project statuses; perform reporting and analysis to support presentation and ad-hoc requests.
The role requires strong communication, problem solving, critical thinking, and influencing skills in order to effectively:
- Articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights
- Develop presentations to communicate business and analysis results to senior audiences
- Financial reporting and analysis, including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, financial reporting, and Profit & Loss (P&L) management
- Collaborate with system analysts to maintain and develop system to house models
- Coordinate and collect input data from Financial Analysts in different departments, check data integrity, summarize and convert data, run models, verify, analyze, and communicate output data
- Business presentations: Assist in development of presentations to communicate analysis results to senior audiences, clearly articulate outcomes of analysis to leadership teams
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
- Independently manage and prioritize workload
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in financial analysis
- At least 2 years’ experience with financial modeling
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase (Oracle Essbase)
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s Degree in Finance
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 3+ years’ experience in financial analysis
- 3+ years’ experience with financial modeling
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.