Job Location: United States : New York : New York
The Corporate Planning and Projections department within Management Reporting needs a strong team member to support the Enterprise projection process for the collection, consolidation, and reporting of Value of New Business (VNB) and other key value metrics.
The VNB Projection process is vital in measuring MetLife’s core business cash efficiency and progress in maximizing Total Shareholder Return.
The ideal candidate would need to be comfortable with working with large volumes of financial data, synthesizing data into business insights, partnering with stakeholders around the globe, and creating new or improving existing processes.
- Collect, consolidate, report, and perform analysis on the Enterprise-wide Value of New Business (part of Embedded Value) plan and projections
- Enhance consolidation and reporting tools as needed to improve granularity, accuracy, and transparency for multiple deliverables and audiences
- Build and develop working relationships with business Finance, Strategy, and Actuarial teams across in-scope businesses
- Communicate projection requirements and expectations to business partners, and continuously manage progress to ensure timely reporting and submission. Review outputs for accuracy and reasonableness with key stakeholders, including Regional and Business CFOs
- Support the reporting of VNB Plan and Projections on key management reports, i.e. the VNB Projection Summary File, Quarterly Finance Dashboards, Executive Group presentations, Board of Directors materials, etc.
- Develop a process to provide analysis for deviations against comparable periods, i.e. actual vs. plan performance metrics. Documentation of processes, improvements, and variations from Core EV assumptions
- BA/BS degree highly desired, preferably in Computer Science, Math, Finance, or other quantitative studies. MBA preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in planning or budgeting role preferably working with large amount of data.
- Microsoft VBA or other Database Language preferred, not required.
- Excellent financial modeling skills. Seeks out technical knowledge and skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, etc.) to continuously improve model and process efficiency
- Working understanding of Insurance financials (GAAP and STAT)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to interface with other business units and senior stakeholders across multiple time zones
- Strong sense of customer service and courtesy
- Learns quickly and able to summarize findings into reports for management and stakeholder consumption. Comfortable in dealing with and resolving ambiguity
FMG – FACT - Corporate Planning & Projections
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.