Job Location: New York Alternate Job Location : Bridgewater
Responsible for financial reporting, analysis, and a full understanding of $300 million expense budget incurred across the Call Center, (CSC), Corporate Real Estate (GCS), Corporate Security and MetLife Innovation groups. Captures, analyzes and articulates data for business leadership and identifies process improvement opportunities. Performs analysis and reporting on strategic initiatives, as requested by management, toward preparing monthly financial packages that are used directly by senior management and an executive group member.
- Owns the CSC/GCS/Innovation/Security close calendar
- Acts as centralized Operations Finance Financial Reporting resource
- Acts as database owner for CSC ESSBASE cube, control check point to identify errors early in the consolidation process
- Manages the centralized file storage to allow business partners access to appropriate data
- Delivers cross business reporting, including:
- Corporate Pre/Post Allocated Results and Commentary
- Corporate DBR format Commentary & Analysis
- Corporate Flash format & Commentary
- Call Center Cost per Unit Reporting (Call/Minute/PFO)
- CSC BD3/BD9 detailed expense Reporting
- Call Center Weekly Headcount Reporting
- UCI Monthly Savings/Expense Tracker and OMM
- Works closely with AVP to analyze business trends and projections in order to articulate significant issues effectively with concise recommendations.
- Has a strong understanding of financial practices and principles as well as short and long term action implications. Has a strong understanding of project management techniques and has the ability to monitor progress against objectives.
- Develops concepts surrounding the evaluation of strategic initiative spending, defines measurable parameters, and monitors progress to ensure timely and impactful deliverables and execution.
- Fulfills an important relationship management role between GTO Finance and Corporate Financial Operations group. Maintains a strong connection with next-level-down Operations leaders to enable effective expense management and forecasting.
(5 -7 bullets)
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical, interpersonal communications, presentation, coaching and project management skills. Prefer 5+ years financial analysis experience in public or private company environment with at least 5 years leading people or projects
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience. CPA/CMA and/or MBA desired
- Proficient to expert level in Hyperion & ESSBASE and expert in MS Excel, including Pivot tables, lookups and macros
In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.