Job Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
This role is within the Investments Finance department and is responsible for supporting the International team in the areas of Net Investment Income planning, projections, analysis and reporting. The team delivers results and analysis to the Chief Investment Officer, Chief Financial Officer and other senior level officers on a regular basis. Team members have extensive interaction with Portfolio Managers and Asset Sector specialists within the Investments Group, as well as with the local country and regional finance teams. This role will provide support to all 3 international segments (ASIA, LATAM and EMEA) with a primary focus of leading the ASIA projection process.
- International Net Investment Income Plan and Projections.
- Full ownership of the modeling and reporting of Asia regional portfolios.
- Gain in-depth understanding of portfolio and projected results to provide a well analyzed and detailed attribution to senior management.
- Become a key resource to the Asia region in support of investments-related questions on actuals and projected results.
- Gain in-depth understanding of use of derivatives across the regions.
- Consolidate the regional results and provide key drivers to Investments and Finance Senior Management.
- Present monthly reporting packages distributed to business partners.
- 8+ years total experience in Accounting, Finance, Investments or an applicable field of expertise.
- Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other areas of applicable expertise is preferred.
- CAP or CFA is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of Investments and all asset classes such as fixed maturities, derivatives, capital markets, etc.
- Working understanding of the impact of investment results to financial statements.
- Experience with multi-year projection models.
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to partner with people throughout the organization and of various levels.
Up to 10%. Possible international travel if desired
Investments Finance (International)
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.