Job Location: United States : New York : New York
The associate will be part of the Retirement & Income Solutions (“RIS”) CFO team and responsible for the financial planning, projections & analysis of the US Pension business within the RIS segment. US Pensions are responsible for the US Pension Risk Transfer business and one of the major growth initiatives for the company.
The associate is expected to perform a variety of financial studies to analyze and report interrelationships of financial information. Determines validity of data and provides supporting explanations of conclusions reached. Associate is expected to use data to project future short- and long-term scenarios and anticipated results under USGAAP and Statutory financial measures. Candidate may support financial analysis/reporting and the integrity of financial data by developing the financial systems infrastructure, establishing controlled financial transaction processing through administrative systems, or providing technical support in the production of reports/analyses.
- Exhibits and is recognized for a high-level of financial or business expertise gained through a series of professional assignments characterized by the assumption of progressively increasing responsibility and ongoing career development. Such expertise may be concentrated in a specific technical area or span multiple areas across finance.
- Understands business plans and their relationship to the financial arena.
- Supports the financial management group & the product teams as a key internal consulting resource.
- Ensures effective communications with all parties to consulting relationships.
- May manage projects.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives & decision making.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- 5+ yrs. financial experience in a public or private company environment.
- 5+ yrs. of experience applying or providing complex technical knowledge and advice on finance applications and/or systems.
- Insurance industry &/or Retirement Industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or another field of expertise or equivalent work experience; OR Advanced degree or certification (ie. CPA, MBA, CFA, ASA)
- Working knowledge of accounting, actuarial and/or financial concepts, principles, and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of the business, products and services.
- Reinsurance accounting & strategies
CFO – Retirement & Income Solutions – Plan & Projection
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.Hi
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.