Senior Financial Reporting Manager
The Senior Financial Reporting Manager is responsible for all aspects of the SEC and many regulatory reporting functions, including consolidated, bank and nonbank financial reports for the SEC, Board of Directors, Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) and other regulatory agencies, senior management, shareholders, stock analysts and other special projects, within the required time frames.
Successful incumbents possess exceptional technical, accounting and problem solving skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of written communication proficiency; in-depth knowledge and understanding of GAAP and SEC reporting; the ability to interact and communicate with high level management.
- Direct the preparation of financial reports for the SEC, Board of Directors, senior management, shareholders, stock analysts and others. Reports include quarterly press releases and Form 10-Q, Annual Report and Form 10-K, annual employee benefit plan financials, monthly close reports, board reports, and certain banking-specific regulatory reports.
- Coordinate with other groups in the Corporation including Investor Relations and business units to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial data.
- Conduct thorough analytical reviews of financial data to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP, SEC disclosure requirements, and related guidance.
- Implement, consult on and document accounting and regulatory disclosure requirements and related issues.
- Act as primary point of contact for certain accounting and reporting topics such as earnings per share, XBRL and fair value measurements.
- Review of data included in financial reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Draft meaningful, accurate financial narrative for earnings releases, management discussion and analysis, and other financial reports.
- Assess financial disclosures for compliance with internal/external reporting standards/requirements.
- Identify opportunities and drive to implement changes to increase efficiencies and enhance internal controls.
- Research and consult on complex accounting and reporting issues, and recommend policy.
- Manage and develop staff.
- Develop procedures to implement new reporting requirements.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for financial information.
- "Big 4" public accounting experience is a plus.
Relocation assistance may be provided for this position.
No travel is required for this position.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
* 7 years of accounting and reporting experience
* 3 years of management and staff development experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
At Comerica Bank, we’re looking for leaders to help guide a higher level of banking.