The goal for the Senior Firewall Engineer is to ensure the integrity of high availability security infrastructure in order to provide maximum performance and stability for critical applications and services.
The Sr. Firewall Engineer is additionally responsible for providing guidance and mentorship to other Firewall and Networking members.
As the Senior Firewall Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the firewalls and security devices within the data system
- Install, support and maintain firewall and other security hardware and software infrastructure according to industry best practices, including firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention devices, and VPN concentrators
- Diagnose advanced problems and solve issues, often under time constraints
- Subject matter expert for the firewall team and consult with other business units when necessary.
- Monitors network performance and implements performance tuning when necessary.
- Create and update documentation utilizing organizational standards to ensure retention and collaboration of knowledge
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Manage firewall/security systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Reporting firewall operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Work closely with colleagues to meet team goals and improve processes and practices
This is a W2 only role.
Send updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.