Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are developing next generation of UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) products and seeking a senior Firmware engineer with 5 years of experience to work with cross functional team of Electrical designers, System Engineers and Product Management team.
This position is within the IT Business unit of Schneider Electric (formerly APC). APC provides “Certainty in Connected World” by protecting the IT gear. You would be working to develop flag ship APC UPS product(s) ranging from 500VA to 20KVA and modernizing the portfolio with latest trend of digitized world. Your Contribution:
Technology We Use:
- Work closely with System Engineer to design, develop and test control systems for single and three phase PFC and Inverter, battery Management systems and hardware control.
- Add analytics and intelligence to the product. Collect data, process it locally, provide actionable insights to user.
- Contribute to system architecture, digital control loops, develop algorithms, and scripts for automated tests.
- Blend Hardware and reliability aspect of firmware with higher level software aspects.
- Bring external perspectives, opportunities, and recommendations for consideration through independent research, industry experience, and external network
- Communicate clearly, strongly and effectively to small and large groups. Work involves close coordination with Global design centers and Corporate Technology Team.
Qualifications: Required Experience:
- Software: C, C , Quadros, VxWorks, Python, Matlab, Labview,
- Hardware: ARM, DSP, CPLD, FPGA
- Experience working with power devices and control loops.
- Experience working with battery BMS is a plus (lead acid or Lithium Ion)
- Experience with communication platform like CAN, i2C, USB, SPI, Serial, SNMP, TCPIP
- Experience with tools and process for eg JIRA, SVN/GIT, Jenkins, Agile, RTOS,
- Should be comfortable with instruments such as oscilloscope, AC / DC source, load etc
- Experience in Linux OS and security features is a plus.
- Bachelors / Masters in Electrical / Power Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Active / Contributing member of organizations that shape the industry. For eg IEEE
- Ability to think out of box and generate IP
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.