Senior Firmware Engineer - Kernel Design Job Description
Senior technical role in the development of baseband modem hardware solutions for the Baseband SoC Development (BSD) organization within Intel's Communications and Devices Group (iCDG).
Responsible for the definition, design, implementation and verification of Microkernels for 3G/4G LTE and 5G modems.Role would include responsibilities in one or more of the following areas:
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Requirements and specifications
- Internal / external Interface specification
- Test plan definition / execution
- Modem bring-up support
- Project deliverables may include specification documents, interface definitions, C/ASM code, test benches and test plans/test plan reports.
- Problem-solving skills with appropriate attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team-oriented environment
This position requires an MS or PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering plus at least five years of industry experience in the following areas:
- Expertise in wireless communications systems and standards, including 3G, 4G LTE (FDD/TDD) and/or 5G
- Ability to comprehend complex digital communications and signal processing algorithms and provide feedback/alternatives.
- Experience in real-time embedded micro-kernel development in C/C
- Experience in baseband modem design and verification.
- Experience with revision control systems such as ClearCase or GIT
- Debug and analysis skills
QualificationsInside this Business Group
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with Matlab and/or other simulation and modeling tools/languages
- Experience in SystemC is a plus
- Experience with MAC/RLC/PDCP protocols is a definite plus
- Experience in Verilog and/or System Verilog digital design, simulation and verification
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.Other Locations
US, California, Santa Clara; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.