Senior Firmware Validation Engineer/Lead Job DescriptionQualificationsResponsibilities include
- definition of validation strategies and plans,
- development of FW feature validation software tests and debug of test failures.
The individual will also be responsible for working closely with internal teams such as ASIC, driver and firmware development to drive resolution of firmware bugs, and opportunities to drive improved validation methodologies across the organization.
This job requires a team player with good organizational/planning skills, solid verbal/written communication skills, good networking, influencing, and mentoring skills, and proven past successes in completing large projects. Education:
- BSEE/CE/CS with 10 years or MSEE/CE/CS with 7 years' experience in firmware development and/or validation
Preferred skills include:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with IA32 and/or ARM processor/microcontroller architectures and software development and debug tools ITP/Greenhills, compilers/linkers, debuggers, source control systems
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in strong Firmware development and debug skills.
Inside this Business Group
- Expertise in storage protocols SATA, SAS, PCIe/NVMe and debug, including knowledge of relevant debug tool
- Experience with C and python languages
- Experience with embedded device or SOC development and debug
- Experience developing and debugging code in the Windows* or Linux* environments
- Validation experience
- Experience in designing error injection test case scenarios-
- Experience in providing technical leadership to a medium sized team~10-15 engineers
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.Other Locations
California, Santa Clara; Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.