Senior Front End Web Developer
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Front-End Web Developer
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll build solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-boxthinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
-Bring an ability to work independently and deliver UI applications end to end
-Problem solving skills
-Self-start and Willingness to learn new technologies
At least 5 years of professional Web UI development experience using HTML, CSS and Java Script
At least 3 years of experience with Jasmine or Cucumber or any other test frameworks
At least 3 years of experience with AngularJS
At least 3 years of experience with NodeJS and NPM
At least 3 years of experience with Grunt or Gulp
1+ year experience with ReactJS
1+ year experience with BootstrapJS
1+ experience with SASS
1+ years experience with Angular 2 and TypeScript
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.