What you’ll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make the customer experience with Verizon a better one.
We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join our team as we are remodeling the technology stack by building the application from the ground up supporting Verizon Wireless Digital systems. You’ll be part of our continued transformation to cloud based infrastructure and a DevOps environment.
- Participate in coding activities related to ReactJS, Akka/Play, Angular JS, Camunda, CSS, Java/J2EE, Spring Framework, Restful web services, Micro services application.
- Follow up on the progress of development and report to development manager.
- Suggest best design patterns based on the existing application code and business rules that were implemented.
- Work with business owners to analyze requirements, identify impact to applications and determine high level LOE.
- Support enterprise releases, maintenance releases and coordinate database related activities for the applications.
- Participate in business enhancements and architecture enhancements.
- Demo application functionality to external team members, business owners and explain the existing functionality.
- Work with the development team and other production support team members to ensure the applications are working as expected.
- Work with the architects to come up with new ideas to improve overall application functionality and performance.
- Suggest architecture changes and design patterns based on existing application code and business rules.
- Document processes and requirements in detail to support other development efforts by other team members.
- Ability to take new challenges and learn new technologies quickly as and when needed.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Java/J2EE, with knowledge of its ecosystems.
- Experience with Front End and web frameworks such as ReactJS, AngularJS, Play/Akka, Camunda.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with developing web applications.
- Experience with object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful.
- Familiarity with various design and architectural patterns.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant and Maven.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Ability to pick up new technology quickly.
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Communication & stakeholder management skills.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Created database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Implemented automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and Stash.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.