The User Interface Developer would be responsible for JPMorgan Fraud Protection Ser vices, the JPMC website rewrite, JPMC's receivables rewrite program, and the ADA compliance initiative. The User Interface Developer collaborates closely with the User Interface Designers to translate page design schematics into working, coded screens. Their expertise in front-end technology and interaction best practices ensure the interface is implemented in the most efficient manner and meets the highest standards of usability.Main ProjectsPWS Fraud Protection Services;
Consider the hacks they've had this year. This project is tied to creating robust security and protection (for external and internal hacks). PWS; fraud protection/tech services- java front end and back layer- shellscripts; incoming and outgoing files.Chase.com re-write;
Re-writing all UIs of their retail modules that hook into small retail banking clients. Taking application and dumping front end/ taking data tier and leaving that alone. Front end will be something totally different.Receivables Edge;
Money coming in currently is via batch jobs. For example, when you do a mobile bank deposit you'll see that "after a certain time you won't see the money show until the next business day; this project will help the process.ADA Remediation (American Disability Act);
260 screens of 200 administrative web pages that need to be re-written in Ember. They also need to be complaint with Web Content Disability Guidelines 2.0Major Functions
The User Interface Developer performs the following functions:
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Review market and competitive intelligence, business drivers, needs and strategies with business and technology partners to understand implications for existing or new interfaces; ensure customer point of view is represented in business, interface and technology decisioning; proactively identify opportunities to improve usability, streamline and optimize the client experience
- Design and build re-usable web components according to JPMorgan style guidelines
- Produce working prototypes used to test/validate designs with internal/external stakeholders, gain necessary Business feedback/signoff, gain necessary technical feasibility feedback from IT, and to guide developers in final implementation of the interface.
- Conceptualize and develop site layout, navigation, images, icons, interactive animations and other multimedia elements. Demonstrate strong grasp of design principles, typography and illustration
- Assess usability of interaction designs; collaborate with User Interface designers to fully leverage the potential of various front-end technologies
- Support Usability, QA and UAT testing efforts
Knowledge Sharing / Management (10%)
- Participate in cross-LOB knowledge sharing
- Support knowledge sharing within the business and IT organizations
- Proactively share successful User Interface processes and best practices within/among project teams
- Champion customer-centricity, usability and ease-of use and promote consistency of the customer experience within the online and across various customer communication channels.
Business Partnership (10%)
Key Position Statistics
- Establish strong working relationships with Business and Technology team members
- Participate in cross-Wholesale Bank initiatives
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Expert in production and front-end development
- Expert HTML skills
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Angular or Ember
- Experience working in environments with Java on the backend
- Experience working within Test Driven Development
- Experience working in an high volume Agile environment
- Server side experience preferred with focus on RESTFUL services
- Experience with developer environments such as Chrome Developer tools, Sublime, Firebug, HTTP watch
- Experience with source control software such as GIT, Subversion
- Strong visual design sense; familiarity with branding guidelines
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
- Self-managing; ability to define tasks, effectively manage workstreams/workloads, deliver in a timely manner
- Detail oriented, strong problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of database technologies, technical architecture and content management systems
- Ability to develop based on design guidelines and standards.
- Familiarity with user/customer-centered design and development approaches
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.