Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented senior FX artist (Temp) to assist our cinematics team in creating the next generation of our award-winning animated films. You will work in partnership with modelers, animators, texture artists, lighters, and compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the highest standard. You must be skilled at providing simulations and systems that mimic real life phenomena such as smoke, fire, and water. You will also need to have strong art skills to help design and implement abstract magical and technological effects. Basic compositing skills will be required for FX slap-comps for review by the supervision team. Lastly, a strong background with procedural tools and methodologies is a plus.Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in producing feature film quality effects in Houdini.
- A good understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- Extensive experience with particle systems, fluid dynamics, rigid body dynamics, and procedural systems
- Proven track record creating effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam, explosions, magic, etc.
- Experience with node-based compositing software such as Nuke
- Able to problem solve both technically and creatively in a collaborative environment with directors / art directors
- Able to stay current with the latest tools, technologies, and techniques
- Familiar with feature film level pipelines and their respective issues
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Experience with VEX
- Experience with C or Python
- Working Knowledge of Mantra, RenderMan or Redshift renderers
- Cover letter
- Online demo reel and reel breakdown
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.