Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The primary responsibility of the GIPS Performance Measurement Group is to ensure "SSGA-Global" complies with Global Investment Performance Standards ("GIPS"), including maintenance/oversight of policies and procedures for both calculation and presentation.
The candidate for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Assists GIPS performance analysts, operations, portfolio managers and other users regarding the details of GIPS composites
- Maintenance & construction of GIPS composites
- Resolve any outliers identified in the GIPScomposite review process
- Create GIPS Quarterly GIPS Reports
- Support adherence to GIPS
- Support RFP Group as it pertains to composite performance
- Support portfolio managers & product engineers as it pertains to composite performance
- Assist with the GIPS Verification project and the conversion to a new composite performance system
- Assist with the annual GIPS audit
- Maintain procedures on composite oversight processes and communication of changes
- Monitor product coding on new accounts and changes to existing accounts, transition status, composite restricted accounts and overall procedures
- Monitor ongoing developments in GIPS compliance including best market practices
- Recommend different types of improvement and analysis to modify the GIPS processes
- Create and modify processes and procedures to protect and improve the integrity of the GIPS process
- Effectively identify, develop, and manage projects to successful completion
- Take on supervisory responsibilities, including utilizing team building skills to provide oversight, training, development, and guidance to junior members of the team
The candidate for this position will have strong communications skills, and be able to answer questions from other performance analysts, operations associates, portfolio managers and other users regarding the details of composite performance-calculation process and auditing procedures. A global mindset would be an added benefit. The candidate for this position must meet aggressive deadlines and make good on all commitments. Applicants for this position should understand that, if selected, they would be asked to manage multiple priorities, and deliver all responsibilities with total commitment and professionalism. The demands on the interpersonal communication skills of the successful SSgA professional are as great as those placed on their technical skills.
- Bachelor's degree, (Accounting, Mathematics, Finance or Statistics preferable) or equivalent experience
- Seven or more years of work experience in performance analysis. Working toward a related advanced degree and/or CFA and/or CIPM
- Excellent PC skills, and exposure to performance measurement applications
- Experience with composite construction, rules and industry practice
- Excellent organization skills, the ability to work under pressure, and attention to detail and accuracy a necessity.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.