Senior Benefits Specialist
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posted: December 16, 2017
Reference ID: 170007BO
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right.
Provides support for the design of employee benefit programs, which may include health, welfare, and retirement plans. Leads the delivery of employee benefit plans, programs, and procedures.
• Assists in the design and implementation of employee benefit strategies, policies, plans and processes.
• Leads the delivery of employee benefits plans to employees; resolves issues and addresses employee questions; may manage benefit plans through 3rd party providers.
• Leads the implementation of initiatives to improve the overall effectiveness of employee benefit processes and plan delivery.
• Consults with line human resources on benefit program design and administration issues.
• Partners with internal and external vendors on resolution of service issues and effectiveness of program operation.
• Researches emerging market trends and changes in the regulatory environment; conducts external and internal research and summarizes results for management review.
• Reviews compliance with governmental guidelines, applicable laws and regulations and proposes actions as needed.
• Assists in the development of communication materials for benefit enrollment and changes.
• Audits plan participation in human resources system of record; facilitates the necessary resolution process of findings.
• Training Delivery - Instructs learners in a manner that engages and adjusts to individual and group needs resulting in knowledge, skills and abilities that can be applied on the job.
• Human Resources Data Management - Acts on people data to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with company policy and legislative requirements.
• Compensation and Benefits Administration - Translates Cummins plan design, statutory and tax requirements in the communication and delivery of compensation and benefit programs.
• Payroll Administration - Translates company policies, tax and legislative requirements in the delivery of accurate and timely employee payments and reporting; ensures compliance with applicable regulations and internal control procedures.
• Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Drives engagement - Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
• Interpersonal savvy - Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
• Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
• Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field or equivalent experience required.
• Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
• Analytical Reasoning - Applies basic research methodologies and statistical analysis to solve problems. Synthesizes and analyzes low to moderately complex data, information and evidence in order to draw meaningful conclusions.
• Benefits Design and Administration - Has a good understanding of benefits programs including the design, cost structure, and experience answering employee questions.
• US Benefits - Basic understanding of US benefit programs.
• Expatriate Benefits - Basic understanding of expatriate benefits programs.
• Finance Internal Controls - Understands the importance of finance internal controls, capable of identifying, evaluating and documenting internal controls. Understands the underlying principles, techniques, and procedures of this skill.
• Human Resources Data Management - Understands human resources information requirements. Able to perform data quality reviews and take corrective actions to ensure data completeness and accuracy. Has a full understanding of information confidentiality requirements.
Compensation and Benefits
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations andincludeoptionssuchasour401(k)Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins.