• MD, with specialism in HIV or Infectious Diseases
• Minimum of 20 years HIV clinical experience, directly from academia and/or clinical practice.
• Broad understanding of local and regional markets and governance regulations including Scientific Engagement
• Deep understanding of regional cultural diversity and complexity
• MD and PhD
• Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment
• Flexible and entrepreneurial attitude to cope with newly created job and establish new processes
• Fluent business level of English; other languages a plus
• Combine a good strategic attitude with ability/interest to help develop training and educational material/programs
• Ability to time manage and prioritize/project management skills
• Ability to help lead brand medical planning process across the EU
About ViiV Healthcare:
ViiV Healthcare is an independent, global specialist HIV company established in 2009 with commitment to deliver innovative new options for the care and treatment of people living with HIV/AIDS.
Formed through a unique partnership between GSK and Pfizer, the company now combines the HIV expertise of GSK, Pfizer and Shionogi, who joined in 2012 following a long-term collaboration on the joint development of several novel integrase inhibitors.
To optimize patient access and medical strategy for ViiV Healthcare and its products across regions globally, including important active involvement with Scientific Engagement activities (evidence generation and communication).
To help ensure all Global Medical Director (GMD) activities within a region and/or globally are aligned with the global strategy.
• The role holder will be an expert in HIV medicine and ViiV Healthcare products and, as such, will maintain and, if need be, develop further peer relationships with internationally recognised external HIV academics, researchers and other experts.
• Serve as "Physician Ambassador" for ViiV and the Chief Scientific Medical Office (CSMO)
• Serve as a direct line of communication between key external experts and the CSMO when needed
• Provide "Non-Promotional" education of health care providers via WebEx/Webinars, speaking engagements, and state-of-the art digital educational activities
• Serve as the GMD Accountable Person (GMDAP) insuring bi-directional input from the various internal medical and commercial teams and the GMD team
• Support, educate, and provide strategic input, feedback and advice to the executive, commercial, marketing and medical affairs teams within VHC and includes supporting other regions/LOCs outside of the GMD primary geographic location when particular GMD expertise and/or value is needed.
• Help with all Scientific Engagement activities for ViiV products globally and /or in a region or LOC (Advisory boards, Medical information, Medical Education, Symposia, publications.)
• Identification of data generation and strategy requirements
• Be an advocate for regions and LOCs for both internal and external stakeholders
• Role holder will be need to be at the heart of the debate about the current evidence of HIV treatment and what additional evidence is required to support local treatment decisions. The role holder will work with internal ViiV Healthcare stakeholders to ensure we generate and communicate the strongest possible evidence to support the best outcome for people living with HIV/AIDS.
• Additionally the role holder will be an active participant in key HIV related societies and meetings such as CROI, IAS, EACS, etc
Role is home based, location preference US, but can be considered globally.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.