The Global Strategic Design Office (GSDO) part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Graphic Designer to be located in New York, NY.
The Global Strategic Design Office (GSDO) is an internal design team responsible for creating desirable, feasible and viable holistic end-user solutions across all of Johnson & Johnson’s business groups: Consumer, Pharma and Medical Devices and Diagnostics. In collaboration with business partners across the global organization, we apply design thinking to drive transformational innovation for the health and well-being of all who use our products and services. Our focus on people-centered design enables us to deliver on Johnson & Johnson’s commitment to care for the world, one person at a time.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for the creative execution of projects and initiatives; creating key elements of a brand’s holistic vision, through development and application of visual identity and brand experiences across diverse touch points such as communications, packaging, digital, product, or environmental design, with executional excellence. The Senior Graphic Designer handles many projects at one time, extensively contributes to the delivery of projects or the execution of programs, assumes ownership of certain aspects of the project or program, and applies collaborative leadership skills and / or leads small cross functional teams under supervision by a Design Lead, Design Manager or Design Director.
- Proposing project and program goals and tactics
- Assisting in defining objectives to achieve targets on a team or individual level
- Developing concepts and executing on multiple projects for global brands
- Delivering project work streams or departmental programs successfully with supervision
- Advocate, drive, and execute environmentally sustainable and low-impact design solutions
- Develop and maintain strong cross- functional partnerships
- Utilize extensive knowledge of and experience in core design thinking and capability, and leverage knowledge of design and cultural trends to guide solutions, while further developing knowledge and expertise in other design and business disciplines
- Manage multiple projects with critical deadlines
- Deliver innovation through improvements in processes and / or methodologies.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Design or related field is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of Design related experience is required.
- Demonstrated strong visual, written, and oral communication skills to execute project briefs are required.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and a basic understanding of environmentally responsible design is required.
- Up to 75% hands-on design work.
Portfolio link MUST be included on each resume. Role/job description may be subject to change in an evolving organization.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)