The Visual Computing Engineering Division is a worldwide organization that engages with the Games and Interactive Entertainment industry to accelerate the adoption of Intel platforms and technology.
In this position, you will be working closely with the games and interactive entertainment ecosystem and operating system vendors, leading a team of similar engineers and driving results back into the larger business. You will have the opportunity to work directly with top-tier game developers, operating system and hardware partners, to affect products that change the world. The team is responsible for preparing developers take advantage of new hardware platforms, developing workloads to explore new hardware and API features, working with operating system vendors, and ensuring architectural feedback from external developers is comprehended by internal architects. Your responsibilities will focus upon these areas:
1)Leading small team of engineers, creating achievable milestones with success criteria
- Work across disciplines within Intel as well and with external partners to drive world-class graphics and interactive entertainment experiences on Intel hardware
- Create, and drive, a culture built on data, efficiency, and entrepreneurialism.
2)Provide timely feedback to internal product groups
- Provide initial, direct and actionable feedback on proposed and prototype Intel graphics architectures, libraries, and tools to the appropriate product teams based on individual expert opinion.
3)External support and education
- Provide architectural advice and consultation to operating system vendors, game developers and middleware providers to best enable Intel solutions.
- Provide on-site and off-site proactive support for developers, leveraging graphics techniques by implementing optimal code in the game and/or porting portions of their applications.
* Bachelor of Science degree with at least 3 years experience in the real-time graphics or games industry.
* Experience using, C and/or C , DirectX and/or OpenGL(es), Metal APIs and programmable shader languages such as HLSL and GLSL.
* Demonstrated ability to define, and achieve, aggressive goals and be a detail-oriented, self-starter, and excellent problem-solver.
* Proven ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical people; excellent presentation skills for peers, senior management, partners, and customers.
* Experience developing for OS X and Windows.
Additional qualifications include:
* Software architecture and development skills, including knowledge of microprocessor architectures and parallelism experience would be an advantage
* Experience using performance analysis tools such as VTune, Graphics Performance Analyzer, PIX, nSight, RenderDoc, GPUView, etc.
* Willingness to travel and to manage your time effectively outside of office infrastructure.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.