The position will be located in the Headquarters of the Company based in Glendale, WI. The successful candidate will be an experienced M&A attorney to support the Corporate Development Organization in executing on Johnson Controls' inorganic growth plans for the Company's Power Solutions and Buildings, Technologies & Solutions businesses.
The specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiate NDAs, term sheets and definitive transaction documentation for acquisition and divestiture transactions, joint ventures, and equity investments;
- Provides significant cross-functional collaboration with operational and functional leaders, line of business lawyers, compliance, tax, finance, treasury, risk management, labor and employment, real estate, benefits, IP, IT, litigation, EHS, corporate & securities, IR, Communications
- Effectively manages and oversees utilization of outside counsel to provide cost-effective legal services
On a personal level, the successful candidate must be a strong leader with considerable executive presence, personal drive, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an acute attention to details. The qualified individual must be able to quickly gain the trust and respect of JCI senior management by serving as a pragmatic yet strategic partner in business and legal decisions. Finally, the most favorable candidate must be a team player and have a strong sense of character, integrity, self-confidence and ethical leadership. Job Qualifications:
Critical Skills / Core Competencies:
Must be action oriented; able to develop and clearly communicate a vision; strong business acumen; excellent project management and organizational skills; pragmatic approach to legal counsel; and able to manage and effectively communicate the flow of information up, down and across the corporate hierarchy.
Education / Work Experience Required:
- Juris Doctorate from top law school.
- 9+ years experience broad M&A transactional experience, preferably obtained from a large law firm practice. If practicing in-house, practice must focus at least 90% of his or her time on M&A. Experience should include (1) leading and managing transactions; (2) drafting and negotiating agreements; and (3) preferably some experience involving international M&A, joint ventures and/or venture capital related investments.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.