Are you passionate about the power of technology to transform healthcare? Want to contribute to bringing highly innovative, research-driven products and services to market, empowering people and organizations to achieve more? Are you an execution super star with a growth mindset who can enforce a high quality and compliance bar for a rapidly moving organization?
The New Experiences and Technologies (NExT) organization, within the AI and Research division, is the big bet factory for Microsoft, charged with delivering new research powered experiences and impact for the company. NExT is hacking healthcare and is working on a wide variety of technical and business opportunities -- including genomics, meta-genomics, sensing and analytics technologies, bots, and other AI and cloud based experiences and services. Led by the Chief Product Officer of MSR NExT, we are a team of cross-disciplinary experts focused on accelerating and enhancing our organization’s capabilities from conception to go-to-market execution.
We are looking for an experienced healthcare compliance and regulatory professional with a technical background and a deep understanding of both the evolving technology and healthcare policy landscapes. You would manage a healthcare regulatory compliance program that involves overseeing quality design and performance processes, as well as ensuring adequate data protection and ethical controls. You would work closely with other release and compliance teams across the division and the company to help ensure that every product, no matter how novel, is designed and delivered with the highest level of quality.
As part of the NExT product strategy team, you will be expected to infuse a customer-obsessed mindset into all NExT projects, from creation through product launch. You are a strategic thinker who enjoys operating in a dynamic, research environment, and is outstanding at clearly communicating challenges and the best available solutions. Join our diverse team and experience the exceptional satisfaction of taking amazing “research powered” products to empower millions of people.
• Manage NExT Healthcare compliance program for regulated
medical devices and technology services that process sensitive
health data internationally.
• Provide Quality Systems Management expertise to bring
software based medical devices to market and to ensure
continuous improvement in design and development systems.
• Manage health data protection and compliance program
involving a variety of services and data collection methods.
• Identify and drive timely decisions with a bias for action and
agility, responding to the needs of many stakeholders and
responsibly escalating issues as appropriate.
• Work closely and collaboratively with internal compliance and
legal teams to drive and promote effective communication
throughout the development and release process.
• BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Business, Health or
• 5+ years experience in healthcare or medical device regulatory
• 3+ years experience in technology related project or program
• Experience implementing federal or international quality
systems requirements for medical devices (e.g., FDA, ISO
• Understanding of privacy and security requirements and
standards for processing health data (e.g., HIPAA, GDPR).
• Data privacy and/or security certification (e.g., CIPP, CISSP,
etc) and auditing experience a strong plus.
• Outstanding interpersonal and cross-group collaboration skills
and proven ability to drive initiatives across organizations and
disciplines, such as engineering, legal, and marketing/sales.
• Great professional network within the company and/or industry.
• Self-motivated with excellent organization, time management
and communication (written and oral) skills and ability to
execute on time-sensitive work with little supervision.
• Ability to analyze complex problems, think creatively,
communicate recommendations, influence change and drive
process and structure into an extremely dynamic environment.
• Customer-centric approach with ability to anticipate and
proactively meet customer needs.
• Ability to make intelligent well-considered decisions and to
maintain complete confidentiality.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.