About TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol "TD". To learn more, visit www.td.com . Department Overview Department Overview
The Commercial Loan Officer is an external sales role that focuses on growing a Commercial portfolio through building new customer relationships. This job will meet or exceed annual sales, revenue, volume & new customer objectives. The Commercial Loan Officer will maximize profitability, revenue and retention of new relationships by cross selling the full range of products and services. This job is the primary contact for developing new client relationships while managing existing Customer relationships. Job Description *Job Description
Works independently to develop new business with prospects
that have the largest and most complex credit needs.
• Maintains established market presence and extensive network of
outside referral sources of new business.
• Understands how to structure the most complex deals.
• Prepares basic management reports summarizing loan activity.
• Meets regularly with internal referral sources to establish
business relationships and develops network of outside referral sources for new business.
• Compiles necessary data and information to begin financial analysis.
• Negotiates specific terms and conditions within parameters
defined by credit decisions.
• Finalizes loan agreements with
prospects and customers and closes
• Contributes and provides input to loan decision process based
on evaluation of credit risk and other key factors from Credit
• Assists in the development of less experienced loan officers.
• Educates Branch Managers and staff about products and the
• Communicates credit decisions to prospects and negotiates specific terms and conditions
for loans within parameters defined by credit decisions.
• Responsible for growth goals (loans, deposits, fees), both individually and assisting the team, through development
of new Commercial Customers and cross selling existing Customers as well as an established network of resources. Job Requirements • 4 year degree or equivalent experience
10 + years related experience Qualifications In-depth understanding of commercial industry,business development techniques and credit
• Proven business development track record, with proven
ability to conceptualize
and implement effective new business strategies.
• Extensive network of outside referral sources for new business.
• Excellent credit and financial analysis skills
• Refined negotiation skills.
• Proven communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Proven PC skills.
• Membership in civic and professional organizations required. Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank's HR Compliance Department at email@example.com. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
**Province/State (Primary) Virginia City (Primary) Vienna
A little about us:
TD Bank is creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the people, cultures and languages of the communities we serve.